Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Pirates League Review

Alas, my beautiful daughter feels she's outgrown the wonderful Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. She still enjoys photo ops with the princesses, however the frills of the dresses are no longer "her style". No fear though, because we found an awesome alternative- The Pirates League at Magic Kingdom. Which is wonderful because my little guy was finally big enough to want to partake in some of the fun extras as well. This suited the both of them perfectly!!

We made our reservations at 180 days, but were able to find some availability to change dates later. When making your reservation, be sure to reserve a spot for each member of your party who will be participating. This is an all ages activity! 

Finally, our trip had come! We signed in approx. 15 minutes prior to our reservation time and only had to wait about 5 minutes or so. It started with the kids getting their official pirate names from the captain's log
A few minutes later we were taken back to the Muster Stations. Each of the kids got their own veteran pirate to give them their makeovers and turn them into the adventurer of their choice
Options include The First Mate and Empress Packages (starting at $34.95 plus tax), Jake and the Never Land Pirates Package (starting at $29.95 plus tax), and The Mermaid Package (starting at $39.95 plus tax) (**Ask about The Mermaid Deluxe Package for $74.95 plus tax**)

My kids chose the First Mate (Captain Hook) and the Empress  Packages.

At the end of the makeover each new recruit is sworn in

Once they were sworn in we were taken to a secret hidden chamber where we found treasure we cannot even begin to speak of... Dead men tell no tales... This is also where a PhotoPass Photographer snapped some great shots. (They're available for purchase, but you can have them scanned to your Magic Band. This is especially great if you've pre-purchased the Memory Maker, as we all know I am a huge proponent of doing, because you'll receive whatever photos they take free for you to download at home!)

I was very fortunate to have received some Disney Magic while we were there. Someone noticed my 30th birthday shirt and asked if I'd be interested in receiving a complimentary Mermaid Makeover. Turns out they have a veteran pirate in training that I suppose they thought could get a few more makeovers under her belt. It didn't matter- the kids thought it would be awesome, and I jumped at the opportunity.
It was a lot of fun, and I certainly wasn't the only adult in the room getting a new look. I noticed this was a very cool family activity for several!! It's definitely something I'd do again, but I would probably opt for the pirate next time (it's more my style).

Though there is a parade, we didn't participate this time. We did, however, stop outside with a PhotoPass photographer for some cool photos.

And later we got this awesome magic shot in front of the castle. I love that our photographer suggested it when he saw my Little Captain Hook.

Oh, and back to the Memory Maker, you can add some pretty cool borders to your photos when you get home before downloading.

All in all, this was an awesome experience. We'll certainly do it again!

For more info, check out my previous post here.

Oh, and the kids' totally awesome pirate shirts and my festive birthday shirt were done by my friend Belinda of Time4MommyCreations. She does excellent custom work for shirts, both in embroidery and vinyl. She also does a multitude of other custom creations. If you can dream it, she can likely do it! Check her out!

This post carries a disclosure Level of 0/1. I paid for my children's makeovers and while there was offered some Disney magic for a free makeover of my own. Disney had no way of knowing I may one day blog about the experience. These opinions are my own and were in no way persuaded by the free service. I definitely recommend trying this out! Please see my disclosure page for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment