Monday, January 25, 2016

Need a Filling Snack at Animal Kingdom?

You're making your way through Animal Kingdom. It's hot and the park is huge! You need energy, nourishment. It's too hot to eat a big meal, but you want something more than a granola bar or an apple... Fear not! I have the perfect solution!

Head over to Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes for some Chicken Fried Rice!

Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes is the Counter Service to the right of Yak & Yeti Restaurant (Table Service). Coming from Kilimanjaro Safaris going to Expedition Everest Yak & Yeti LFC will be on your left. Simply walk up, place your order, and take a seat at one of the tables in the vicinity. There are a few tables directly across from Yak & Yeti LFC that are in the shade, but more seating can be found to the right of the building (in direct sun).


Anyway, back to the important stuff- the food! Yak & Yeti LFC offers Asian inspired entrees ranging from $8.99-$10.99, such as Honey Chicken and Tariyaki Beef Bowl, among other things. Their kids meals are more of your typical American fare though.

What we enjoyed though was their side of chicken fried rice. It comes in the typical Asian to-go box, packed full! Tessa, Colten and I all shared a box when they were smaller, and while we did eat it all, there was plenty. Now that's they're a little bigger we typically share 2 to a order. This was the perfect alternative to a heavy meal on such a hot day!

Not only was it just a good snack, it tasted great, too!

The side of chicken fried rice was $3.99, which is not bad at all for the generous serving. Even better though, we used a snack credit on the Dining Plan!! Personally, I thought this was a much better use of the credits than say, a bag of chips?

If you're looking to save money eating at Disney this is a great way to do it. This "side" is a meal in itself! If you're really hungry I'd say it wouldn't be hard to eat it all on your own (or take back to the room for later). With Disney's generous portions though, for those less hungry, it can easily be shared between two adults, or in my case, one adult and two kiddos. At $4, or 1 snack credit, this is an awesome yet inexpensive meal!

Good to the last bite!

(Check out that hot, sleepy stare!)

Mmm... now I have a craving. Guess I'll just have to hop a flight to MCO :-)

This post carries a disclosure Level of 0. Please see my disclosure page for more details.

5 comments:

  1. Yummy! That sounds delicious and a fantastic deal for only 1 snack credit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be trying this in October. Lucas my little guy is always hungry and loves rice. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would love that, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had this in January (but I must admit I liked the crispy egg roll even more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I have ever been to Yeti & Yak, next time I go I will, Sounds very yummy too.
    Thanks for the tip..

    ReplyDelete