Friday, July 15, 2016

Foodie Friday: Tony's Town Square Restaurant

This Friday's review covers
Tony's Town Square Restaurant
in Magic Kingdom.

Tony's, the restaurant from one of the most classic, romantic scenes in a Disney movie, is themed, as you can imagine, after said movie- Lady & the Tramp. It's located in Town Square, to the right, as you enter under the train station. Their menu is, of course, Italian. This is considered a Table Service meal on the Disney Dining Plan.

I wouldn't call it the real-deal, but it runs along the lines of Olive Garden (which I happen to like). They serve all the classics- lasagna, spaghetti, chicken parm, etc... This certainly works for my picky family.

The interior looks a little dated, but I think it's part of the ambiance of an old Italian restaurant. I love all the decor, as Lady & the Tramp is one of my faves.




Here's a copy of the menu from our last visit:


And some photos of the good stuff- the food!


Zucchini Fries
Shrimp Scampi
 The chicken parm is my fave. Like I honestly crave this stuff.
Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Parmesan, sauce on the side
Spaghetti and Meatballs
 The lasagna was good, but I'm pretty spoiled to my mother-in-law's fabulous recipe (so I probably wouldn't order again)
Lasagna
While Tony's sometimes gets a bad rap, we've been three times with no issue. The food and service have always been great. When staying in park for a table service restaurant Tony's is our choice.

Fellow agent, Sarah and her family are also fans. They enjoyed the wait staff so much they got a photo to cherish the experience. (Thanks for letting me share, Sarah!)

This is a wonderful location for parade viewing, too! If you get the right reservation time you could watch the parades (afternoon or evening Electrical Parade) while you wait for your table. Or if you're lucky enough you could be seated outside or in the room looking out into Town Square as we've been lucky enough to experience our last two trips.

 Oh, and just so you know, if someone orders spaghetti, it's kind of a requirement that you re-enact that famous scene...


This post carries a disclosure Level of 0. Please see my disclosure page for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment