Tuesday, March 7, 2017

DCL: Stateroom Door Decorating


When I first started cruising with Disney I had no idea how popular it was to decorate your stateroom door, so I figured I would share that info with you all, complete with a few photos. While Disney doesn't necessarily promote this, they don't discourage it either, as long as nothing is damaging to the door. All of the stateroom doors are metal which means magnets are a big hit when decorating! (Tape is frowned upon for fear that it may pull the paint up.)

Aside from the pure fun of it, it's a great way to recognize your room while going down those long hallways where are all the doors look the same. This makes things pretty easy for the kids (or adults coming in from a late night in The District).


There are several place online to find files for decorations that will fit the "porthole" room numbers on the doors as seen above, or you could certainly be creative and come up with your own designs.


Some even go all out with beautiful wreaths. This picture shows it being hung with a wreath hanger. I'm told this is a "no-no" though because it could chip the paint. I've seen other use the strong magnetic hook for wreaths though, and those seem to be okay.


We had a lot of fun with our door on our last cruise and brought magnetic Scrabble. We started the game each day with a new word and used our magnetic dry erase board to ask others to play along. Imagine our surprise one evening when every single letter had been used! (We often caught our stateroom host playing!!)

Now, some of you may be worrying about magnets going missing. Unfortunately, it is a risk you take. We've personally never had any issue, but I've heard from others that they have. We don't take anything expensive (mostly handmade items), and we try not to get too worried about it. It's for fun!!

So, I highly recommend taking your hand at making some magnets for your door on your next cruise. Design something, print it, laminate, and glue a magnet to the back. Easy peasy!! It definitely adds some character to otherwise uniform hallways. Enjoy!

If you've decorated your door, please share photos with me on my Facebook page. I'd love to see!!


This post carries a disclosure Level of 0. Please see my disclosure page for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment