Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Silhouettes on Main Street

One of the things you'll need to prepare for when visiting Walt Disney World, or any of the Disney Destinations for that matter, are the onslaught of souvenir shops and merchandise for you to enjoy, peruse, and purchase! As you can imagine they've covered everything from stuffed animals and toys to kitchen gadgets and home decor and just about anything in between. I've come home with many 'o trinket and bobble, but my all-time favorite Disney souvenir by far is the Silhouette we had done back in 2011 on Main Street in Magic Kingdom.

While waiting for the Main Street Electrical Parade to begin we found Jim tucked in a nook on Main Street, hot, but waiting patiently for someone to come along so he could get to work. My daughter plopped down first and Jim's busy little scissors came alive at the guidance of his steady hand. It was amazing to see Tessa's profile come out of this white paper so quickly and easily. 
Colten was a little smaller then, and he was pretty pooped by this point in the evening. He chose to sit in my lap as Jim worked on his profile. That didn't bother Jim any, and neither did the pacifier in his mouth.
What an awesome talent. Jim was very polite, but very focused on what he was doing. It amazed me how quickly his hands whipped around to pull my children's faces from that plain paper. 
You have the option to take the silhouettes as is or have them framed. The oval frames are perfect, and they weren't that expensive so I opted to have it done there.
Oh, and I'm not quite sure how or why it worked out that way, but since there were two kids I got two copies of each of their silhouettes. Which was perfect because I was able to give Grandma & Grandpa one, too!
And the finished product!
For only $34 we got two framed silhouettes of both children. Money well spent in my opinion!

Poor Jim, it was sooo hot!! He was so nice though. I'm not sure the policy, but we tipped him for his work. Personally I believe this is a craft worth tipping, but of course to each his own :-) I still can't get over how much they resemble my children. He got my little Colten down to a T!! 

This is by far my favorite souvenir! We may lose some trinkets along the way, or outgrow the stuffed animals or characters (dare I say! some of us never will), but regardless, these silhouettes will be something we'll forever cherish!

Have any of you done the Silhouettes on Main Street? Is it something you'll be looking for on your next trip? I'd love to see them. I'd love for you to head to my Facebook page and share your photos with me!


This post carries a disclosure Level of 0. Please see my disclosure page for more details.

4 comments:

  1. Super excited to see you posting again! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited to be posting again!! Talking to you has definitely put me in the mood again!!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, Bird!! Glad to see you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom has one of us as kids and I love it. Then on a return trip my Dad has one done with my son. I love this tradition and so happy Disney has continued it.

    ReplyDelete