To see the previous tours highlighted so far click here. This week's tour is unlike the others because while you do cover a lot of ground, you won't be walking... see what I mean below!
Wilderness Back Trail Adventure
|Photo credit: Fellow Journeys agent, Sarah Stecker|
Never been on a Segway before? No worries- the tour includes a half an hour instructional period where you'll get some practice and pointers on a training course to help you prepare for the various terrains of the tour. You'll be fitted with a helmet and electronic earpiece as well, for safety and so you can hear the tour guide.
As with all Disney tours you can bet the tour guide will not only share some information but will most likely have some fun while doing it ;-) There will be plenty of wonderful photo opportunities as you make stops at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, the stables of Tri-Circle-D Ranch, and glassy Bay Lake.
The cost of this tour is around $90 per person, plus tax.
Now, for the Know Before You Go:
- Park Admission Required: NO
- Park Admission Included: NO
- Age Requirements: 16 years and older
- You must have a valid photo ID
- Proper footwear is required (tennis shoes/athletic shoes)- flip-flops, sandals or rocker/exercise-type shoes (e.g., Skechers Shape-Ups) will not be permitted as these are not compatible with the Segway
- This is an outdoor tour. Check the weather and dress appropriately
- Due to Segway design specifications, riders must weigh 100 to 250 pounds to participate. Riders should be in good general health and able to stand for the duration of the tour
- Guests on the 8:30 AM tour may need to arrange alternate transportation to arrive at the location on time, as standard Walt Disney World transportation will not be available. Check with your Resort Concierge for transportation options. Guests are responsible for their own transportation costs (e.g., taxi fare)
- "You will forfeit the entire price of your tour if you no-show or cancel within 2 days of your reservation"
- Check in at the Bike Barn at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort 15 minutes prior to your tour
For more info click here. To book this tour (and I recommend you do it as early as possible) call 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687) or contact your travel agent.
This post carries a disclosure Level of 0. Please see my disclosure page for more details.